Clinical trials are a vital aspect of drug development and approval. Clinical study protocols are the foundation of clinical trials. A clinical study protocol is a document that describes the study objectives, design, methods, assessment types, collection schedules, and statistical considerations for analyzing the data. The protocol also outlines steps for protecting subjects and obtaining quality data. In order to ensure compliance with subject protection standards and statutory requirements, protocols are submitted to both an Institutional Review Board (IRB) and to regulatory authorities (e.g., U.S. FDA) for rigorous review prior to a sponsor being allowed to conduct a study. Poorly designed or poorly written protocols can have negative consequences.
Because of the many country- and region-specific requirements that exist, it is crucial to identify where the study will be conducted before writing the protocol. This will ensure efficiency and prevent costly delays and rewrites later. Also, regulatory requirements can be complicated. Clinical trial protocol writers from MedTrans, with years of experience, work for pharmaceutical companies, CROs, medical device or healthcare companies, clinical research consultancies.
- Well-written CSPs are essential to the conduct of successful clinical studies.
- MedTrans works closely with its clients to develop CSPs that provide logical, consistent, and clear instructions for investigation teams.
- We also prepare documentation that accompanies CSPs, such as IBs, ICFs, IMPDs/INDs, etc.
- The solid foundation provided by the CSPs we write often results in MedTrans being asked to write the corresponding CSRs once the studies have been completed.
Well-written protocols are essential for protecting subjects, allowing collection of quality data, and preventing delays in development timelines. Understanding regulatory requirements, clearly defining relevant study objectives and endpoints, providing sufficient detail within the protocol, and ensuring that the protocol document is user (and reviewer) friendly, will all help position the study for success.
MedTrans' experts can help with protocol authoring, strategic advice for pharmacokinetic study design, and regulatory guidance. Contact us today to find out how our clinical trial protocol writing expertise can help you.
- Clinical Trial Translations
- Regulatory Translation
- Medical Device Translation
- Patent Translation
- Pharmaceutical Translation
- Medical Writing
- Medical Publishing Translation
- Medical Website Translation